Magnetron sputtering is applicable to almost all materals. Therefore it is used in a wide range of system applications. Bestec provides customized sputter systems with different possible sputter geometries, chamber base pressure and sample manipulation.
Typical design parameters
- Depending on user requests up to ten (tilt able) sputter sources are possible in one chamber.
- All sources can be driven with DC, RF or pulsed DC (incl. HiPIMS) generators.
- Each source has its own gas inlet close to the target and source shutter included.
- Typical sample temperature of -100°C up to +1000°C possible.
- Continuous sample rotation possible.
- Typically full software control incl. automatic deposition process.
- RF- or DC switching unit to enable usage of one generator at more than one source.
- Sample bias.
- Additional gas inlet at the chamber or manipulator for reactive sputtering.
- Ion source for sample precleaning, oxydation or ion beam assisted deposition.
- Motor driven wedge shutter.
- Thickness sensor for sputter rate checking at beginning of deposition process.
- Pneumatic or motor driven sputter source tilting or translation.